Thursday, March 12, 2009

experimenting with human emotion.

So tonight I was working at Body Shop, and during my time there this evening I decided since it was not so busy in my store to stand at the lease line. I then began to wonder how contagious smiles really were.. so I set out to smile at everyone that walked by me. I came to find that if you flash someone a big fat smile (and look like you really mean it too!)then pretty much 97% of the time you'll get either an equally nice smile back, a smile to let you know they saw you , or just a plain old smirk. There happened to be the few individuals that did not smile at all, which I just find odd. It doesn't take a lot of effort to shoot someone a smile back. It so happens that if you're in a bad mood even, and you smile back at someone it'll heighten your spirits and put you in a somewhat better mood. Moral is:

Just keep smiling people. They're free, and they are contagious. Also, you never know who you could touch by just letting them know you noticed them, and greeted them in a friendly manner.

Veronica. ^_^

ps: this should make you laugh. I did.

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/archive/12125/

No comments: