Thursday, October 9, 2008

Like Vanilla Ice says: "word to ya motha."

So-- here's an update for the past few days:

Made it into Yellowstone. We stopped and took pictures next to the big sign that says like "welcome to Yellowstone" and a British couple from California also stopped and we took a picture for them next to the sign. They gave us a 7 day pass into Yellowstone-- which is $25 per car-- but I still had to pay for my car. Gheyy. We gave them a pass to Mt. Rushmore that is good for the whole year. It was a nice little trade. So we drove around Yellowstone all day long. Saw many many many hot springs bubbling up and smelling like sulfur (which if you don't know-- smells like rotten eggs). Any of the springs or geysers that were bubbling were over 212 degrees Fahrenheit .. which if you don't know is the boiling point of water. So... unfortunately there was no touching any of them. It would be ridiculous to do so. I'm not into getting burned. We saw some Ravens which were some pretty interesting birds. They're huge, and pretty... and I was like litteraly a foot and a half away from a couple of them taking pictures of 'em. I think there may have been a bonding moment in there with us.. I named them Ira and Millicent.. not sure if they were boys or girls.. but the names were dubbed none the less.

We also went to see Old Faithful-- the largest geyser in the whole frickin place.. and the most famous. In the parking lot were a couple kids in a car and at one point about 5 or 6 ravens were just chillin on the ground next to their car, and one kid gets out and starts chasing them and yelling, "away you foul beasts!!!" It was hilarious. Old faithful was a grand site to see. I took lots of pictures.. It just steams all the time, and every like 45 mins to hour and a half it goes off. We were lucky to get there only minutes before it went off. It shot water into the air probably a couple hundred feet. Let's just say it was waaaaay over my head.

We camped out for the night at a campsite in Yellowstone. The next day we drove around more taking photos and visiting all the different geysers and hot springs .. got into a little visitors place where they had like little hotels to stay at and a general store.. and we were driving along the road and a group or gaggle or flock or what ever you call a lot of Elk... were there.. just walking along the street. Some asian guy was just in the middle of the side walk taking photos of this huuuge male elk with a HUUUGE rack (antlers not breasts hahaha ^_^) and the male elk started trotting towards him pretty fast, and the guy just stood there. hahaha, if that was me.. well I wouldn't be so stupid as to just be sitting there taking snap shots of wild animals that are unpredictable.. and not of the most friendly nature... either way, I would have RAN the second that guy started trottin up to me. I'm not about to try and befriend a male elk. They are pretty big and burley creatures. The ladies however I rolled down the passengers side window and took some photos of them, they were pretty close... but as soon as they started getting a little closer to the car I had to roll the window up... or rather was yelled at to roll it up. I thought they seemed sweet, but then again I trust animals and people way too easily sometimes. Haha.

We camped out another night at the campsite... and the next day... yesterday in fact we were on the road again by 11 a.m.. We drove all the way into Montana (cause Yellowstone exits out that way...) Then drove into Idaho.. we went and saw the craters of the moon.. which is magma that flowed up from the earth and hardened and formed miles of volcanic rock. It was awesome. Just miles and miles of black rock everywhere. Man I love volcanoes. ^_^

Then we drove all the way to my mommas in Garden Valley, Idaho. We're here now... alex and eric have gone fishing for the day. While I am hanging with the mama, listening to music and making a homemade apple pie! This is DELICIOUS! hahahah :)

in another day or so we'll head out on the rest of our journey.. next up is the four corners (Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona) Then Into Arizona to see the painted desert and the petrified forest. Then to Nevada... Las Vegas... ummm, then down to San Diego and up the west coast to Seattle.. Then back to the mommas to get my car... Then back to Sacramento. It should only be another couple of weeks till I'm in Sacramento. I really want to be there now. However there's still a long way to go.

I'm gonna go finish helping with that pie.

It's like my whole life never happened,
When I see you, it's as if I never had a thought.
I know this dream, it might be crazy,
But it's the only one I've got.

Come baby, shake me, come baby, take me, I would be satisfied.
Come baby, hold me, come baby, help me, my arms are open wide.
I could be unraveling wherever I'm traveling, even to foreign shores.
But I will always be emotionally yours.


Bob.Dylan.Emotionally.Yours.

-Veronica

No comments: