Monday, September 29, 2008

Greetings from Ohio!

So-- we left at 2 a.m. on Saturday the 27th... and drove all night and all morning until around noon on saturday-- stayed at the Hampton Inn hotel in Dubbois, Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania was extremely beautiful.. we we definately driving through the Appalachia mountains-- all the leaves are already almost all changed color-- it was incredible and i was so happy to be able to see my fair share of fall foliage! People definately treat people from massachusettes like trash. haha.. everyone was gauking at us like we were aliens from another planet. It's okay though... cause I was looking at them the same way. Everything is waaaaay more slow paced out here. They talk slow, walk slow, and think slow. It is ridiculous. And coming from a person who is all over the place and has ADD and needs to pretty much always be go-go- going... it was slight torture. The beauty of the place brought me back to a centered sort of feeling.

So the next day (Sunday) we headed to Ohio to see Alexs family-- it took us a little over 2 hours.. seeing as how we were only like a little over 100 miles from the Ohio border. We stayed at his aunt and uncles house last night, and will most likely again tonight. As for tomorrow-- we'll be heading off to South Dakota to see the Bad Lands. It should take us roughly 24 hours to get there-- and we're doing 12 hours a day-- so in about 2 days we'll be there. I can't wait to take pictures-- cause I heard that it is quite an amazing and life altering sight. Color me enthused!

So today I've been just thinking about a lot of things.. situations and things left behind.. just been thinking a lot.. and I had a dream last night that left me feeling a little lost. I don't remember what it was about.. but i remember who was in it atleast.. heh. Though I'm happy i'm here, I feel like i've left a piece of me behind.. I guess that's just how the story goes.. nothing can ever be perfect. I know that this is good for me. I just hope that in the end it was all worth it.

time to go metriculate with actual people now.. I'll post more about the trip next time we have internet access... oh-- and if anyone attempts to text me or call-- and I don't get back right away, it's only because I don't have reception where I am. So send me a message on this, or facebook, or myspace. or email me at willow8643@hotmail.com.

I love you,
Veronica.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss you! You should take lots of pics on your journey and maybe you can sell them later on. Can't wait to see the pics of the bad lands. I don't know anything about them. Maybe I should read up on that.

Drive safely to South Dakota. Have fun!

Love,

Mary

Anonymous said...

You are one of the best and kind hearted people I know. Take care on your journey, and no matter what has happened in our past or what will happen in our futures you'll always be amazing dear.


<3 Erin